Last modified on Sept 26th, 2004
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Conduct Which Violates this Policy
- Further Information
This Acceptable Use Policy, from now on designed by the acronym AUP, governs the use of computers and servers on the VoidZero.Com Internet Relay Chat Network, including but not limited to, its chat forums, web pages, and e-mail services. As a user of these resources, you are responsible for reading and understanding this document. This document protects the users of VoidZero.Com, computing hardware, networks, and system administrators. Each time you use or cause access to any of the services provided by VoidZero, you agree to be bound by this AUP, and as amended from time to time with or without notice to you. In addition, if you are using a particular service on or through this web site, you will be subject to any rules or guidelines applicable to those services.
Connection to the VoidZero.Com IRC network is a privilege, not a right. VoidZero.Com reserves the right to deny access to its network without advanced warning and without being under any obligation to provide a reason.
VoidZero.Com is an unmoderated forum made possible by its volunteer staff. By connecting to VoidZero.Com you accept that you are a guest on a private system. Your privilege of use is revokable at any time for any reason. Further you accept that you have no claim to any data maintained by VoidZero.Com that you have used. Our web site and services provided to you on and through our web site on an "AS IS" basis. You agree that the owners of this web site exclusively reserve the right and may, at any time and without notice and any liability to you, modify or discontinue this web site and its services or delete the data you provide, whether temporarily or permanently. We shall have no responsibilty or liability for the timeliness, deletion, failure to store, inaccuracy, or improper delivery of any data or information.
VoidZero.Com does not control/monitor the content transmitted via its services and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content nor does it guarantee the legality of such content in accordance to the local laws and regulations that you are subject to. You understand that by using VoidZero.Com, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, objectionable or illegal according to the local laws and regulations you are subject to. Under no circumstances will VoidZero.Com be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via VoidZero.Com.
VoidZero.Com reserves the right to alter this AUP and any terms and conditions of service at any time without prior notice. However, a notice will be posted on the VoidZero.Com WebSite and a reference to that post will be made via the Global announcer upon joining the any IRC server of the network at least 10 days in advance of such changes if possible. Notice is deemed given when posted.
The VoidZero.Com AUP is under constant review. We consider comments from our users and from experienced staff. We will change this document from time to time. You are subject to the AUP in effect at the time you use any VoidZero.Com resource/service, and to each revision of the AUP that becomes effective subsequently. This version of the VoidZero.Com AUP supersedes all earlier versions which become invalid.
The formation, construction, and performance of the AUP will be construed in accordance with the law. If any provision of the AUP is held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the AUP will nevertheless remain in full force and effect. If any provision is held invalid or unenforceable with respect to particular circumstances, it will nevertheless remain in full force and effect in all other circumstances.
II. Rights and Responsibilities
This network can provide access to resources locally, as well as the ability to communicate with other users worldwide. Such open access is a privilege and requires that individual users act responsibly. Users must respect the rights of other users, respect the integrity of the systems and related physical resources, and observe all relevant laws, regulations, and contractual obligations. VoidZero.Com will openly and fully cooperate with any duly authorized law enforcement agency in their efforts to enforce their laws.
By using VoidZero.Com, you agree to hold harmless VoidZero.Com, its resource providers, officers, operators, administrators, and other agents from any and all claims, costs, expenses, judgments, causes of action, attorney fees, litigation and court costs, resulting from the subscriber's use of VoidZero.Com services in any manner, whether directly or indirectly or by any act or omission.
You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to (1) your use of any VoidZero.Com service, (2) the communications means by which you connect your terminal, personal computer or other device to VoidZero.Com services or to any service provided to and by VoidZero.Com, and (3) the local VoidZero.Com server you connect to as stated or referenced to in its Message of the Day (/motd) which is server specific and can be changed at any moment in accordance to the server's local policy.
You are responsible to maintain the confidentiality of your password and shall be responsible for all uses via your registration and/or login, whether authorized or unauthorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use or your registration, user account or password.
Your rights herein granted cannot be transferred, assigned, shared, sold, or used by anyone other than yourself.
VoidZero.Com has the right to delete ALL data files, or other information that is stored in any database operated by a VoidZero.Com officer or under the auspices of VoidZero.Com once your nick/channel's registration has been terminated, by either you or VoidZero.Com.
No warranty is made by VoidZero.Com regarding any information, services or products provided through, in connection with, or located on the computer systems owned by, or operated under the auspices of, VoidZero.Com or any other services provided by VoidZero.Com. VoidZero.Com hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties, including without limitation
- any warranties as to the availability, accuracy, or content of information, products, or services; and,
- any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
You explicitly agree, in using any service provided by VoidZero.Com, that you shall not:
- provide any Content or perform any conduct that may be unlawful, illegal, threatening, harmful, abusive, harassing, stalking, tortious, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, offensive, objectionable, pornographic, designed to or does interfere or interrupt this web site or any service provided, infected with a virus or other destructive or deleterious programming routine, give rise to civil or criminal liability, or which may violate an applicable local, national or international law;
- impersonate or misrepresent your association with any person or entity, or forge or otherwise seek to conceal or misrepresent the origin of any Content provided by you;
- collect or harvest any data about other users;
- provide or use this web site and any Content or service in any commercial manner or in any manner that would involve junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorized advertising without our prior written consent;
- provide any Content that may give rise to our civil or criminal liability or which may consititue or be considered a violation of any local, national or international law, including but not limited to laws relating to copyright, trademark, patent, or trade secrets.
VoidZero.Com shall have no liability for damages caused or allegedly caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, electrical surge or damage or interference, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure.
No agent, officer, or representative of VoidZero.Com has any authority to bind VoidZero.Com to any affirmation, representation, or warranty concerning the services provided by VoidZero.Com.
Minor infractions of this policy, when accidental, such as connecting multiple clients, or flooding, are generally resolved informally by a network operator and may result in temporary removal from the network (/kill) or dealt with through electronic mail or on-line discussion and education.
Repeated minor infractions or misconduct which is more serious may result in the temporary or permanent loss of network access privileges (k-line) or the modification of those privileges. More serious violations include, but are not limited to unauthorized use of nickserv/chanserv accounts, attempts to steal passwords or data, repeated harassment, or threatening behavior. In addition the offender's service provider will most likely be informed at the discretion of VoidZero.Com.
Harassment, as mentioned above, shall include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Repeated unwanted communication to a user beyond that user's reasonably expected ability to deal with the situation (e.g. /ignore & /silence).
- The use of network resources to publicly (viewable from outside a channel; e.g. in a /topic) antagonize, defame, or demean any person.
- Transmitting, without consent, a person's private/privileged identification and/or financial information. Examples being: Real Name, Phone Number, Address, Social Security Number, Bank Accounts Numbers, Credit Card Numbers, etc ...
[Note: Channels structured to facilitate harassment as detailed above are subject to immediate closure and the users to loss of network access privileges, timed or not.]
Upon receiving a "k-line", the user is on notice that they are no longer authorized to access VoidZero.Com's systems. Any attempt to circumvent the restriction will be notified to irc operators and considered trespass and subject to civil prosecution. The user is instructed to contact firstname.lastname@example.org via e-mail to facilitate the removal of the restriction and to once again be authorized to use the system.
VoidZero.Com endeavors to allow all persons to be able to use its services in a free and unmoderated manner. However, VoidZero.Com will exercise its right to remove users at its own determination, when it feels that doing so benefits the community as a whole. There are times when accomplishing this requires restricting access to an entire ISP. VoidZero.Com will make every effort to work with the affected ISP to track down and restrict just the offending individual(s) and once again allow access to the ISP's normal userbase.
The failure of VoidZero.Com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the AUP shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Definition: An "account" with regard to any of VoidZero.Com's services (Nickserv, Chanserv, MemoServ etc) is the data within said services that is designated for a specific user based upon their selected nickname and/or channel. Access to an "account" is derived by appearing with a recognizable user address and/or supplying an appropriate password. Upon creating an account, the user assumes full responsibility for the confidentiality of your account/password. You are responsible for all uses of your account, whether or not actually or expressly authorized by you.
Conduct which violates this policy includes, but is not limited to, the activities in the following list.
- Unauthorized access of a nickserv/chanserv account.
- Using VoidZero.Com to gain unauthorized access to any computer systems.
- Connecting unauthorized servers to the network.
- Unauthorized attempts to circumvent data protection schemes or uncover security loopholes. This includes creating and/or running programs that are designed to identify security loopholes and/or decrypt intentionally secure data.
- Knowingly or carelessly performing an act that will interfere with the normal operations of computers, servers, or processes on VoidZero.Com.
- Knowingly or carelessly running any program that may damage or place excessive load on a server or the network. This includes, but is not limited to, mass-invites, mass-messages, and programs known as floodbots and clonebots.
- Connecting an automated client (bot, fserv, etc..) to a VoidZero.Com server without using the usermode +B.
- Using VoidZero.Com resources for commercial activity, such as advertising or selling a product, for the purpose of financial gain, without prior written approval of the VoidZero.Com administration.
- Forging the identity of a user or machine in an electronic communication.
- Displaying obscene, lewd, or sexually harassing images or text on a public channel without the prior consent of that channel's operators.
- Intentionally repeating or transmitting material in a rapid manner producing the affect of harassing a user by "flooding" them.
- Attempting to monitor or tamper with another user's electronic communications, or reading, copying, changing, or deleting any part of another user's nickserv/chanserv/memoserv account without the explicit agreement of the owner.
For further information on anything contained in this document, please contact email@example.com or while online, /join #helpdesk and ask to be contacted by a VoidZero.Com administrator.